Senior React Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are working on one of the strategic projects of sky to expand globally and this is an exciting opportunity to join the highly subscribed Sky Go Desktop / Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) app development team, where we use innovative, cutting edge, highly scalable technology to produce app that delight our customers.
What you'll do:
The opportunity would see you join the SkyGo Desktop / Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) Client software development team, which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Sky Go platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services, which allow them to consume Sky content online, and on numerous hardware platforms.
- Influence the technical direction of the team from a design and technology stack point of view.
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
- Champion and coach peers in software development best practices and best of breed technology.
- Work with a self-organising and cross functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Take an active role in user story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with acceptance criteria.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the our product owners and other business stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the self-regulated team, mentor peers and associates working in cross functional feature teams.
- Help pull together project plans through estimations.
What you'll bring:
It is essential that you can immediately add value to our team and be able to contribute to our team's velocity from day one. Therefore we think it is essential that you have knowledge and experience of as many of the following items as possible:
- At Least 3-4 Years developing production grade front end applications with TypeScript and ReactJS.
- Experience of taking a senior or lead role on the development of complex frontend applications, that are highly robust, transactional and performant.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of open source and commercial technologies
- HTML 5 & CSS 3. Multiple DRM solutions
- Experience of software development for high quality, high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems /desktop apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences
Bonus skills & experience:
- Experience with large content/video management systems
- Experience of web based video technologies (VOD/Linear Streaming)
- Console and SMART TV development
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.