Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor)
Do you have a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with experience in procurement of either FM or Construction works packages? Experience of PFI is essential.
Here at Amey we have an exciting opportunity for a progressive, commercially minded individual, with a Quantity Surveying background, with experience of procuring subcontractors, to join the team. You will be looking after a large (43 school) PFI contract.
To succeed you will have substantial experience in Commercial and Sub-contractor management, at a senior level, within a complex matrix organisation. Experience of FM, PFI or Construction contracts an advantage.
You will be based in Northampton for this permanent, full time role.
- Support the development and delivery of the sub-contract supply chain vision and strategy for the Secure Infrastructure division
- Develop sub-contractor engagement strategies and align our supply chain in support of our customer needs and aspirations
- Develop a strategic subcontract tracker to enable at a glance data on where the pinch points are / step in support etc
- Manage all aspects of sub-contractor procurement for contracts and bids
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Participate in regular monthly project (contract & tender) meetings
- Contribute to and deliver allocated aspects of the annual supply chain business plan driving through cost and value benefits with the supplier chain
- Work with Operations to develop & implement category strategies and Framework Agreements within the overall supply chain strategy
- Own allocated Amey supplier relationships at a strategic level, enabling leverage to be used when required to meet specific business requirement
- Quantity Surveying experience/qualifications
- PFI experience
- Experience in Asset Management / Total FM or Built Environment construction
- Substantial experience in Commercial and Sub-contractor Management at a senior level within a complex matrix organisation.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are essential, and the role will require strong skills in managing a range of stakeholder relationships.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.