Office Manager for dynamic international anti-slavery charity
Arise is an innovative anti-slavery charity confronting the problem of human trafficking and slavery through frontline groups. We are offering an opportunity to a highly motivated individual, strongly committed to the protection of human dignity, to ensure the smooth running of our London office.
- To provide a high-level of flexible support to the Charity’s Director.
- To maintain realistic and manageable diaries for several staff members.
- To ensure all aspects of meetings/conferences/events are organised, agendas developed and prompt action taken, maintaining timely responses to deadlines.
- To attend and minute meetings as required.
- To liaise with our partners, and other stakeholders in the anti-slavery movement on behalf of the Foundation as required.
- To take the lead in selecting, negotiating, and managing external contracts.
- To administer and, together with the senior team, assist in managing Arise's volunteer and internship programmes.
- To undertake varied administrative tasks in support of our key staff.
- To maintain the office, including contracts, subscriptions, supplies, and ensure it is kept orderly.
- To undertake project work and research as directed with minimal supervision.
- To receive, sort and prioritise mail, and emails, redirecting as appropriate and responding to all routine correspondence without direction.
- To develop a good working knowledge of our grant-giving portfolio, and help maintain it, as required.
- To liaise on occasion directly with survivors of exploitation.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description.
This job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which they will be required to work. In the interests of efficiency, major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
A minimum of five years of relevant experience is required. For more information on Arise: www.arisefdn.org
Arise is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send a cover letter (no more than 1 page) and a CV to email@example.com