Senior Systems Engineer (Safety Services)
Senior Systems Engineer (Safety Services)
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
Working within the Platform Engineering function, the Senior Systems Engineer (Safety Services) is responsible for supporting the portfolio of safety services (Inmarsat-C, the Maritime Safety & Distress Service (MSDS), Classic Aero and SwiftBroadband Safety (SB-S)), ensuring they are operating correctly at all times, responding to incidents, taking corrective action when needed and proactively managing both the short-term (e.g. system faults, configuration changes, security vulnerabilities) and long-term (e.g. future enhancements) operation of these services.
- Supporting the systems that provide safety services, ensuring that they are meeting their required levels of availability and performance
- Leading third-line response to faults and failures and working to resolve them in a logical, methodical and efficient manner
- Managing all changes and enhancements to safety services systems, such that service availability is not compromised
- Performing regular routine health checks and monitoring of all safety services systems and responding proactively to any issues before they affect system integrity
- Working with equipment manufacturers, software suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders to define, assess and implement changes and/or enhancements to safety services
- Writing and maintaining operational documentation (including procedures, “How-To” guides and training materials) relating to safety services systems
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant developments in technology and assessing and recommending changes and/or upgrades to safety systems where appropriate
- Participation in an after-hours on-call support rota
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant discipline (post-graduate qualification preferred).
- Knowledge of satellite communications principles (e.g. link budgets, fundamental satellite characteristics, etc.).
- Practical experience in a tele-communications-related field, ideally gained in an operational environment
- Basic Unix/Linux operating system familiarity at command-line level (e.g. to run commands, check disk and memory status, etc.)
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple, overlapping tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Proactive, self-starting approach
- Keen to learn new skills and technologies
- Able to work in a small team or unsupervised
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Inmarsat’s safety-related systems (Inmarsat-C, MSDS, Classic Aero, SB)
- Familiarity with linux server applications (e.g. Apache, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ)
- Experience of networking (CCNA) (basic troubleshooting and performance monitoring)
- Experience of linux shell scripting (ability to create simple, ad hoc scripts)
- Familiarity with SQL database configuration, administration and maintenance
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do