What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
HMYOI Deerbolt - Bowes Road, Barnard Castle DL12 9BG
Monday to Friday
What will this role involve?
- Planned and reactive paint work in all areas of the prison.
- Responsibility for the care and maintenance of tools, materials and additional company property.
- Deliver work allocated to the standards of quality required and within set timescales.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of self and others in the workplace in accordance with company policy.
- Follow and adhere to instructions and directives from line management and the Central Co-ordination Team.
- Compliance with relevant company Health & Safety Policy, instructions and directive.
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
- Must be a fully qualified Painter (Level 3 Trade qualification)
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
- Previous relevant work related experience.
- Good awareness and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments.
- Enthusiastic, Punctual, Conscientious, Self-motivated, Interpersonal skills, Accurate measuring and scoping of works.
- Good knowledge of current industry practice
- Problem solving skills.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.