Part Time Accounts Clerk
Willmott Dixon is currently recruiting for a part-time accounts clerk to join our finance team based at our head office in Letchworth. We would prefer to find someone able to work at least some hours on a Monday, Thursday and a Friday but are willing to discuss working hours to support your needs.
The main purpose of the role is to manage all banking and sales ledger transactions accurately and efficiently and ultimately provide a first class customer service to our internal customers.
This could be an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to return to work after a career break or could suit someone who has other commitments but would still like to work.
In this role you will be working as part of a team of cashiers.
Key responsibilities / objectives
As an Accounts Clerk within our finance team, your key responsibilities are:
- Ensuring compliance with Willmott Dixon Finance Standards
- Upholding all internal financial controls
- Remaining vigilant against fraud
- Accurately creating and posting all bank and cash account entries to the Finance system
- Accurately raising all payments to the supply chain in line with internal approval rules
- Administration of all bank accounts ensuring that mandates are kept up to date
- Ensuring all sales ledger transactions are booked promptly
- Retaining all records in accordance with statute and Willmott Dixon policy
- Attending to queries from the business promptly and in line with customer-care principles
- Keeping the Treasury Manager & Chief Cashier(s) informed of all material team issues
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven experience in a fast-paced finance environment
- Knowledge of relevant Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel
- A courteous and helpful manner when resolving issues
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Good level of education
- Good level of Maths skills
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise with a flexible approach
- Previous experience of using a finance system
- AAT Level 2 or equivalent qualification
We will be holding an assessment morning in Letchworth on the 6th October 2021 so you will need to be available to attend on this date.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.