Assistant Commercial Manager
As part of the wide portfolio of design contracts within Amey Consulting, we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Commercial Manager to provide commercial support to the Design Services team in Area 10 (North West England)
Reporting into and with support from the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for collating, producing and analysing cost and value reports, assisting with project budgetary control and forecasting as well as producing information to inform the project managers and wider team. Excellent excel and analytical skills are essential.
In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the production of applications for payment, tracking Early Warnings / Compensation Events and managing supplier accounts, all whilst maintaining strong, professional and effective working relationships with internal colleagues and the Client; based on trust & integrity.
This full time, permanent role is based for 2 days per week in Birchwood, Warrington.
- Applications & Value - collate, prepare and process the monthly application for payment, working with the client commercial team to resolve any queries in month to ensure costs are maximised. Work alongside the Account Manager (AM) and Programme Delivery Manager (PDM) to maximise value on jobs, highlight areas of poor performance and margin.
- WIP & Debt - minimise WIP and understand any reasoning behind aged WIP. Monitor late payments and utilise all necessary means to ensure payment dates are met from clients and debt is recovered.
- Supply Chain Management - work with operational and procurement teams to ensure supply chain requirements are accurately recorded and accounted for, including the forecasting, application and valuing of invoices.
- Change Control - support operational in ensuring all commercial entitlements are realised and all contractual notices and early warnings are submitted within the required timescales through the preparation of appropriate documentation in relation to variations, claims, additional payments etc.
- Risk & Opportunity Management - support day to day project risk management. Understand if financial provisions need to be included within P&L accounts to cover risks and ensure such are reflected accurately on the risk register.
- Reporting - liaise with project managers to review and submit monthly forecasting data to the client as well as providing spend to date analysis comparing against actuals to support the PDM and AM in managing delivery.
- Financial Performance - ensure all external contracts and internal trading arrangements realise forecasted turnover and margin through contractually compliant applications for payment and invoicing, whilst complying with IFRS15 protocols.
This role would suit a proactive individual with a commercial or financial background, who is keen to establish their career within Commercial Management.
You will have strong data handling and analysis skills and a firm knowledge of MS Excel; keen to drill into data and draw logical conclusions from it.
You will need to have a methodical approach to your work, with excellent attention to detail and sound numerical skills.
- Commercial related Degree or equivalent (desirable not essential)
- Qualified / working towards RICS, CICES or equivalent professional qualification (desirable not essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel (essential)
- Experience in providing commercial support to design and consulting and/or highways contracts (especially under NEC forms) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of NEC4 would be advantageous
- Experience in supply chain procurement, management, and accounting
- Experience in financial budgeting/control and reporting
- Understands and promotes an inclusive working environment