Senior Accountant – 2 days per week (flexible hours)
Senior Accountant – 2 days per week (flexible hours) with scope to increase.
Competive salary £40,000 - £50,000 (pro rata)
Daffodil Accounting is a small vibrant growing accountancy firm, based at Elstree Film Studios with over 250 clients mostly from the TV and Film industry. A knowledge of this industry is a plus but not essential. We offer clients a full accounting service and a bookkeeping service.
- Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns and corporation tax returns, according to HMRC’s rules and regulations
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- To oversee bookkeepers in the business
- To deal with new and existing accounts
- Responsible for client’s monthly payroll and quarterly VAT returns
- Knowledge in rental/property accounts and capital gains tax
- Knowledge of Inheritance Tax a bonus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in an accountancy practice
- Proficient in Tax Compliance, a good working knowledge of the Companies Act and HMRC tax legislation. A good attention to detail. A knowledge of Film and TV production accounting will be beneficial but not essential.
- Demonstrate competency of HMRC legislation, regulation and corporate compliance
- Must be able to demonstrate preparation and lodgement of HMRC Returns
- Strong skills in Excel, Quickbooks, Xero, Tax Calc
- The post holder will hold an appropriate accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA
We are looking for a dynamic person with an enquiring, inquisitive mind who looks to improve work methods without increasing the cost. A self-starter that can manage an increasing workload with enthusiasm and a good attention to detail. Motivated individual with ability to work off their own initiative and a strong communicator both written and verbal. A personable approach is key as our clients require hand holding throughout the year.