Assistant Commercial Manager
Amey Infrastructure Wales (AIW) is working in the capacity of Managing Agent on behalf of Transport for Wales (TfW) and we are seeking to appoint an Assistant Commercial Manager. This role involves working for a Commercial Manager and supporting the management of one of the Infrastructure Delivery Partners (IDP).
Your role will be to ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to support in delivering post contract management on numerous NEC forms of Contracts. As an Assistant QS/CM you will report directly to the Commercial Manager and senior project team, as well as establishing meaningful working relationships with the Finance and Operations teams.
You will provide commercial assistance to support the Permanent Way (Track Works) scope of works for the delivery of the Core Valley Lines Transformation Works Project for Transport for Wales.
This is an opportunity to work within a unique Transformational Project within South Wales and gain exposure to a wide range of works on a multidisciplinary Rail Project, within a dynamic and challenging environment.
Based full time at Treforest, South Wales post-Covid-19 (currently work from home), you will support the Commercial Manager in implementing day to day commercial management activities on several target cost NEC contracts
- Implement commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting.
- Submit in a timely manner application for payment and agree accounts the Clients/Contracts
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Prepare commercial reports including monthly Cost Value Reconciliation financial report, cash-flows, budgets and forecasts
- Responsible for operating the coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture.
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including raising POs, goods receipting and plant allocation
- Assistance with the production of weekly cost value reconciliations and forecasts
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract agreement and Amey processes for certification, payment and liability.
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and order value uplifts.
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Provide commercial support as required / directed
- Having or be studying for a Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / financial cost control in either a Contractor or PQS environment.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability work under pressure, to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Good computer skills especially MS Excel and Word
- Good communication skills
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.