The purpose of this role is to plan and prepare the daily presentation schedule for assigned networks in conjunction, and coordinating, with the Programming, On Air Promotion, Sales and Media Planning departments, ensuring accuracy, completeness, compliance and delivery according to the proscribed deadlines. The schedulers form part of a team working directly under the Broadcast Schedule Operations Supervisor. This is a 6 month fixed term position.
- Creation and finalization of the daily transmission schedule, ensuring accuracy and efficiency whilst remaining reactive to the business.
- Liaising with the Media Planner to ensure smooth hand over of prepped schedules ready for promo placement.
- Identify issues and work with relevant departments to find solutions ensuring all elements air successfully and fulfill regional regulatory
- To fully understand break patterns and templates and ensure they are checked and loaded into the system and that all final commercial loads or amendments are actioned.
- Organization and regular revision of presentation templates.
- Liaise with the Media Asset Management team and Regional Sales teams checking all media items are present or accounted for prior to download of schedules to transmission.
- Perform necessary checks to the presentation schedule.
- Liaise with Transmission teams, confirming correct playlist versions have been received and necessary changes to ‘on-air’ have taken place.
- Perform daily presentation schedule reconciliation and provide any reports, including discrepancy reports as required by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Attending meetings and building strong relationships with key contacts in the UK and regional offices.
- Cross training to develop knowledge across feeds and regions within the department.
- Any other presentation scheduling tasks required and assigned by the Supervisor that are appropriate and in line with the position.
- Coordinators will ideally have two or more years’ experience in a presentation/promotion scheduling, traffic or a related role. However, candidates with an exceptional attitude may also be considered with less experience, to take on in an entry level position.
- Computer literate with prior experience working with IBMS or similar scheduling systems.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Great attention to detail and able to work to deadlines efficiently even in pressurized situations.
- Ability to work with others and to follow instructions.
- Operational experience and/or Language skills are an advantage