Business Improvement/Quality Manager
Here at AMEY we are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years relevant Quality experience who is looking to progress into a management role, or you may be a recent graduate with operational experience of a roads, construction or other infrastructure project looking to move into a quality/business improvement role.
Reporting to the Account Director, you will be responsible for managing the internal audit programme across our M&R contract in Area 12. This will involve:
- Conducting internal audits and occasional supply chain audits
- Collation and preparation of our monthly performance measurement reports
- Carrying out periodic depot and site inspections to ensure any previous actions raised have been suitably addressed and closed
- Any other quality duties as delegated by the Account Director.
This is a full-time permanent position and will involve a mixture of working from home, from our offices within Area 12 and out visiting our depots and sites around the Yorkshire and Humberside Region.
What does the role involve
- Managing the audit programme - identifying audit requirements, ensuring adequate internal resources to deliver the annual programme, compiling audit checklists from contractual documents, plans, procedures and other standards and requirements, notifying upcoming audits each month and reporting on status
- Carrying out internal and supply chain audits, compiling audit reports, checking internal audits reports conducted by others prior to distributing
- Data collection and analysis to produce monthly performance measurement (KPI) reports, reporting on performance trends, identifying and recommending actions to improve performance
- Carrying out regular site and depot visits to verify that various requirements are being met and to collate evidence required to close out non-conformances
- Supporting the various teams within the contract and their managers with the identification of non-conformances across the contracts and management of NCR registers, collation of evidence, corrective actions, and analysis of findings
- Supporting the Account Director with the ownership, compilation, review, and management of documented information required by the contracts
- Supporting with continual improvement activities across the contracts
- Deputising for the Account Director when required
What are we looking for
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in a similar highways, construction, or large infrastructure environment (essential)
- Degree in an engineering or science discipline (desirable)
- Internal or Lead auditor 9001:2015 trained (desirable, but training will be provided if required)
- Knowledge and familiarity of National Highways Sector Scheme standards (desirable, but training will be provided if required)
- CQI or ICRA membership (desirable)
- Experience of working closely with various stakeholders and using influencing skills to drive improvement opportunities
- Collaborative working style
- Problem solving
- Creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Be confident in making key decisions on a daily basis
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan and deliver work in line with programme deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss quality and performance issues and capture feedback
- This role requires travel, so a full UK driving licence is needed.