We have an exceptional opportunity for someone to join us as a Quality Manager working across our Yorkshire and North East projects.
This role is for someone that is relentless in seeking and driving quality improvements on our projects and sharing best practice across the business, who is always looking at how we can do things better to achieve the perfect product and has the ability to work closely with all of our people to make things happen.
We're looking for someone that has strong technical knowledge with the ability to easily translate that to others, driving a culture of sharing and understanding lessons learnt. You will need to be self motivated with the ability to manage your own time.
Your role in helping the business to hand over the perfect product every time would involve understanding the project programmes and where there may be quality risks and visiting sites at key times; ensuring we're holding our Supply Chain Partners to account for delivering the perfect product and ensuring that lessons learnt are shared back into the business to the right people at the right time.
Our Operations Directors, Managers and Site teams own and drive quality on their projects and we want someone that can work alongside all of our teams sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Regular visits to all live projects in Yorkshire and North East undertaking quality audits and supporting our project teams with quality plans;
- Attending Quality Launch meetings with our project teams at the start of a project to ensure we are planning for quality and then holding 10 week look ahead sessions throughout the projects;
- Ensuring sector learning documents are always kept live and sharing lessons learnt with the business to the right people at the right time;
- Understanding our key technical policies, which includes the fire policy and ensuring we have clear and workable processes and support in place so our people understand what their role is and are fully trained and competent;
- Ensuring we are holding our SCPs to account for the perfect product by auditing our FieldView system for compliance;
- Arrange on-site technical training/ CPD's from mandated partners and relevant manufacturers;
- Work with our teams to create a right first time culture across all of our projects;
- Work closely with our Customer Managers to understand when defects occur and take the lessons learnt back to live projects.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Working with the construction industry and knowledge of how elements are constructed
- Health and safety
- Working remotely as well as within a team
- Excellent at building relationships and a multi-faceted communication techniques
- A full driving licence
- Managing multi-disciplined teams and working groups
- Minimum of an HNC or degree in an appropriate subject, or relevant working experience.
- Working towards MCIOB status
- Relevant CSCS card
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- 5 day SMSTS course
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.