Senior Project Manager - Nationwide UK
Are you looking for a project management role in which the work you do really matters?
Does a rewarding career with a progressive, world leading company in biotech and medical diagnostics, with Fortune 500 ranking, excite you?
If you’ve replied yes to these questions, we welcome you to apply for an exciting new opportunity as a Senior Project Manager at Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland, based in the UK.
Overview of Customer Projects Team
Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland is in an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channeling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience in the countries it operates in.
A critical aspect of this new strategic direction is the transformation of the Customer Projects Team, which includes the expansion of the team’s deliverables and responsibilities to the customer. Due to this expansion, Roche has an exciting opportunity for an experienced field Senior Project Manager to join the Customer Projects Team. Reporting into the Head of Customer Projects, the individual will be responsible for leading a team of professionals, whilst managing key projects, in the delivery of medium and long term installations in the NHS and private laboratories across the UK and Ireland; focusing on the implementation of a wide range of products.
The successful candidate will provide oversight to product roll-outs across client sites, while managing key stakeholders, maintaining programme and project documentation and mitigating risks to ensure service continuity. The average commercial value of the projects under the individual’s remit will be in the range of £1 to £2.5 million.
Interfacing directly with multiple internal and external stakeholders, the Senior Project Manager will adopt Roche best practices, and agile and lean methodologies to guarantee quality implementation and ensure projects stay on track to meet agreed deadlines. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction they will closely collaborate with the sales team at tender stage and post-award, thus seizing every opportunity to expand the customer relationship for the contract lifetime.
As this is field based position, they will live anywhere in the UK, but well connected to major public transport and motorway links. They may be expected to travel to Ireland on occasion.
- Manage and mentor/coach a team of delivery professionals, rolling out complex customer facing projects.
- Manage a portfolio of instrument installation projects
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate smooth implementation - from tender award to handover, ensuring enhanced customer experience.
- Work with Customer Projects team colleagues to review and enhance policies, procedures and templates on an ongoing basis to ensure continual improvement of Project Management and Project Control methodologies that will help achieve consistently high standards.
- Coordinate Implementation of Roche Products and Solutions
- Coordinate implementation of Roche instruments which will include project completion, floor plan sign off, production of Gantt chart and project phasing with timelines and product ordering via supply chain team.
- Proactively mobilise and coordinate Roche project teams to maximise efficiency and fulfil customers’ needs post-award.
- Manage different stakeholders at customer sites
- Escalation point of contact for ‘Implementation’ work package.
- Coordinate meetings at the customer sites to ensure communication flow and actively communicate project progression, changes and risks to stakeholders.
Coordinate Roche stakeholders
- Work with workflow consultants and architects from start to completion of the project, with the aim of finalising an optimal solution for the customer.
- Oversee and coordinate Roche Technical Services installation team, as per project plan, including IT, Application and Engineering experts.
- Develop clear communication channels with all the stakeholders and facilitate progress updates.
Manage Solution Implementation
- Onsite responsibilities including: i) monitor construction progress; ii) coordinate stakeholders (facilities, architects, mechanical and structural engineers etc.); iii) solve and coordinate construction issues, and iv) manage installation activities as per plan.
- Maintain full involvement and serve as primary contact throughout project lifecycle.
Pre tender Role
- Develop value-added proposal to demonstrate project delivery post-award.
- Present Solution Implementation Manager Role to key Accounts.
Who you are
- A proven track record in delivering Customer Services in the Healthcare or Medical Diagnostics industry, to a high standard.
- Strong Communicator - Someone with experience of communicating with impact at multiple levels within an organisation, via multiple channels.
- Someone who is organised, precise, used to hosting meetings and has soft negotiation skills.
- Independent Worker - Someone who is able to manage their own time to deliver goals.
- Preferable Experience with - Projects which relate to, Equipment Installations and/or Construction
- Experience in developing project/service management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience in writing high-quality Client Proposals and Statement of Work documents including commercial elements.
- Demonstrable ability to develop knowledge of complex instruments and organisational structure.
- Strong pre-sales and commercial acumen.
- Knowledge or experience of building works (Design and/ or build).
- Solid understanding and experience in risk and issue management.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen; knowledge of project budgeting and financial management.
- Mastery in developing trusted partner relationships from working level to Executive level.
- Flexible, able to adapt to change, and adjust project management techniques to customer needs and environment.
- Curious and inquisitive; driven to enhance service delivery by learning about the Roche portfolio.
- Innovative thinker; with the ability to challenge established practice and identify effective improvements.
- Self aware and emotionally intelligent; you will be able to "makes things happen" by way of your integrity and energy.
- Assertive but diplomatic, sensitive to cultural and political issues.
- Solution focused, a custodian of a "no blame" culture.
- Demonstrable confidence when dealing with uncertainty and the ability to challenge effectively