LTO Partner: Medical Information- FTC 12 months
Imagine working for an organisation that focuses on putting people at the heart of what they do. Where every single person within the organisation is aligned to one main motivating force, that at the centre of everything they do, and their number one priority; are patients. A place that gives every individual the autonomy and empowerment to make a difference, where you are not defined by a job title. Imagine waking up every morning feeling fulfilled, having purpose and meaning in your work.
Imagine you are at Roche.
We are a pioneer in pharmaceuticals, advancing science to help people in the UK live longer and healthier lives. For over 120 years we have created truly differentiated medicines for cancer, the immune system, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system.
We work from bench to bedside - researching new medicines, running global clinical trials, and collaborating with the NHS to try to ensure rapid uptake and delivery of our products and services. Our drive, every day, is to ensure our medicines reach those who need them as soon as possible.
None of this would be possible without our extraordinary employees; our people make our business. We offer inspirational opportunities for employees that are as unique as they are. We have created an inclusive, respectful work environment where people can be authentic and truly invested in their work, a place to belong. Our outstanding commitment to workplace engagement has recently been recognised by our inclusion at number ONE on the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work
Mindset and behaviour is as important to us as experience and capabilities.
We won’t tell you how to behave with detailed competency frameworks; we ask you to bring your differences so we can celebrate a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
We offer a starting point for you to consider and to reflect on what this might mean for you: we’re building a culture that is centered around growth mindset, prioritisation, ownership and accountability. We need individuals who are courageously authentic in their thinking and in their actions. This is what excites us about our future.
We believe that on-going personal transformation is the heart of on-going organisational transformation and that fundamental to this is knowing yourself.
For us, knowing yourself means being aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, your passions and fears, your desires and dreams, your thoughts and feelings, your likes and dislikes, your tolerance and limitations. Knowing yourself requires you to: regularly stop, pause and reflect as you change and develop over time, invite and share feedback regularly and know where to focus your development, know when to hold things lightly and what to let go of. Knowing yourself means knowing your purpose and what fulfills you, it enables you to be authentic and truly bring your whole self to work.
LTO Partner - Medical Information: Expectations
Chapters are the "homes" of employees within Roche that represent technical & functional topics/expertise. Chapters are focused on expertise development (capability building) for today and the future, performance evaluation and coaching to enable those capabilities to be drawn upon within the organisation to work on squads, work packages commissioned by squads, foundational work (i.e. work that must be conducted and without doing so it would negatively impact business operations and/or the license to operate), or as points of contacts for customers. Chapters are characterised by minimal hierarchy, with the aim of developing empowered, collaborative and highly capable colleagues. Chapters are grouped into "Clusters" based on common capabilities and/or business synergy potential to facilitate prioritisation and resourcing. This grouping is not fixed, so can flex over time.
The LTO Partner - Medical Information is responsible for:
- Aligning their personal purpose to the Organisational North Star to enable them to flourish and shine in their role
- Utilising their skills and capabilities, and working flexibly as part of empowered, self-managed, multi-skilled teams (where appropriate), to ensure Foundational work (where applicable) and Squad-prioritised work is delivered in line with Organisational principles
- Working collaboratively and sharing expertise across the organisation to remove silos and duplication, ensure efficient use of similar skill-sets, and to ultimately support common pursuit of the North Star
- Acting as a guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety; putting patients at the centre of all actions by consistent business behaviour that complies with applicable laws, industry codes and Roche’s Code of Conduct.
- Contributing to resource planning/sharing across Chapters to ensure Chapters are fully resourced to meet evolving priorities of the Organisation and Customers, and any resource constraints are constructively flagged, with a collaborative approach to find solutions (for example, by working outside of their “home” Chapter capabilities to enable greater flexibility and fluidity of Organisational resourcing)
- Where applicable, ensuring "Foundational work" is completed, with continual review of HOW it's done to drive efficiency and minimise resource required to do it (without compromising on necessary standards)
- Ensuring ruthless prioritisation to avoid Chapter "work-creep" outside of Foundational work, Squad-prioritised work and Personal Development.
- Involvement in Squads and Squad work (Affiliate or others) and Global activities, as required
- Owning their development to ensure they are continually growing skills and capabilities within their Chapter (and where appropriate, in other Chapters) in line with their passion and the needs of the Organisation (present and future)
- Increasingly demonstrating the VACC (Visionary, Architect, Catalyst, Coach) roles, as they develop their personal skills and capabilities, to positively support colleagues
LTO Partner: Medical Information
Responsible for maximizing the potential of the pharmaceutical business in delivering value to all stakeholders both internally and externally through exceptional experiences where customers receive tailored, transparent information at the point of need. They are a critical partner in ensuring global and external medical information requirements are translated into practical, compliant, customer centric solutions which deliver better outcomes for more patients faster. Responds to scientific, technical and medical enquiries from external healthcare professionals, patients and members of the public in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes (e.g. ABPI, MHRA, PIPA). Support knowledge sharing and enable agile service improvement to deliver on global vision for medical information/engagement. Collaborates closely with stakeholders to support sharing of insights and best outcomes for Roche customers. Maintains up-to-date in depth scientific and technical knowledge of Roche products and therapy areas.
You will have previous experience in a medical information role, pharmacy and/or experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Experienced in a customer service environment, you will have worked with call desk and client management systems. You will bring strong research skills to source accurate information and create responses from internal and external resources including literature resources and internal tools and systems. You will have the ability to summarise and communicate complex medical information. A degree in a life science, pharmacology, pharmacy required. Proven excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Individuals should be operating in one or more of the following categories:
- With a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and some experience working within a MI environment, you will leverage your MI knowledge and experience to deliver on required foundation work and support with chapter and/or squad work
- With a broad MI background and experience, you will have strong MI knowledge and contribute to foundation and/or squad based work as well as supporting the development of squad/chapter based plans and goals. May support the learning & development of other chapter members.
- With broad and comprehensive expertise within the MI environment you will lead foundation work and partner with the business to solve complex MI issues that impact the chapter and/or wider business. Contributes to development of squad/chapter based strategic plans and goals. Actively contributes to the learning & development of other chapter members through mentoring and coaching.. A scientific degree is required.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return we offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation, including a genuine interest in your development and progression.
To be considered for this position, please apply using the link below.
When completing your application, please ensure you attach an up to date CV and details of your current remuneration package.