Senior Campaign Manager
About the job Summary
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
The Department for Transport is a high-profile department at the heart of Government. We pride ourselves on first-class, creative communications that tell compelling stories about transport through the people that use it.
We are looking for a talented and confident marketing communications professional for the role of Senior Campaign Manager, to work across a range of marketing campaigns.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the day to day planning and delivery of paid campaigns.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Group Communications team, locations of work include either London, Leeds, or Birmingham.
As a Senior Campaign Manager, you will provide expert marketing advice and project manage large budgets to deliver advertising, partnership marketing and PR activity.
You’ll work closely with creative and media planning agencies, and forge strong relationships with important stakeholders and policy officials.
We are an energetic, ambitious, and innovative team. This role requires someone with the skills, knowledge, and passion to develop insight-driven, audience-focused communications.
The wider communications team combines expertise in digital and content; external affairs; strategic communication; media relations; and marketing.
If you share our vision of being the 'best in class' and you have the expertise and enthusiasm to deliver in this role, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Include but not limited to:
• Planning and implementing campaign strategies including working with colleagues to develop an integrated media presence.
• Reviewing and analysing research and policy to extract and identify relevant insights to shape campaign activity.
• Campaign planning and delivery across above and below the line channels including broadcast (e.g. radio, video on demand), PR, digital and social media platforms, and brand and media partnerships.
• Creating multi-channel campaign plans – mapping channels to audiences to ensure the programme of activity lands effectively with our audiences.
• Developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver communications through trusted intermediaries.
• Working collaboratively with external commercial agencies to deliver high quality, cost effective collateral to agreed timescales and budget.
• Working collaboratively across all aspects of DfT marketing campaigns to support the campaign leads and managers.
• Providing marketing expertise and advice to wider DfT communications and policy colleagues.
For further detail on this please see attached Role Profile.
We are different people, one team
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- GCS Framework: Insight - Develop a strong understanding of customer/audience insights and how these can drive behaviour change
- GCS Framework: Ideas - Develop an integrated campaigns approach, ensuring owned/earned/bought channels work together to achieve communication objectives.
- GCS Framework: Implementation - Manage the delivery of campaign plans, including deploying resources and integrating solutions.
- GCS Framework: Impact - Manage and deliver the evaluation of all campaign plans, including defining clear metrics that relate to measurable communication and policy/business outcomes.
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
Things you need to know Security
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
How to Apply
As part of your application, you will be required to complete a CV and a Personal Statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Please provide a CV outlining your career history, and the key responsibilities you had in each of your roles.
For your Personal Statement, please use your 1250 words to demonstrate your experience of the following:
• Using insight to develop highly targeted campaign strategy and media plans that support policy objectives.
• Implementing multi-channel paid marketing campaigns, including managing budgets, working with external agencies, and demonstrating a strong understanding of a broad range of paid media channels.
• Experience of developing brand, influencer and media partnerships.
• A good understanding of the value of evaluation and experience of applying different methods to demonstrate the impact of paid campaigns.
• Excellent people and time management skills, including managing self and others to meet deadlines and working effectively with communications and policy colleagues, and with key stakeholders.
Sift and Interview Dates
The sift is due to take place w/c 18th October 2021.
Interviews are due to take place w/c 25th October 2021.
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview and presentation
As part of your interview you will be assessed against Government Communication Professional Competency Framework (SIO - Civil Service Level 3, Campaigns and Marketing) as part of GCS Career Framework.
Further detail can be found in the attached Role Profile.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section.
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Dawn Lauder Email : Dawn.Lauder@dft.gov.uk Recruitment team : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Visit the Civil Service Commission website at https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk