Marketing Manager - remote working
Genus Gardenwear - Marketing Manager
Genus is the world’s only brand of high-performance technical clothing specially designed for gardening. Our range is designed by keen gardeners who understand how the right sort of clothes can make gardening more comfortable and ever more enjoyable.
A British company, based in the Cotswolds, we sell online to customers all over the world. Our ambition is to clothe a gardener from top to toe every day of the year and we are constantly extending and adapting our product offering to fulfil that aim.
During the pandemic, gardening grew in popularity, people who had only ever bought in traditional shops began to buy online and Genus achieved triple digit growth. That growth is sustained and we are now looking to hire a Marketing Manager to continue building the brand and driving revenue through the whole spectrum of traditional and digital marketing activities.
The breadth and variety of the role is explained below in more detail.
- Fine-tune the communication of the core brand proposition working across all customer touchpoints and ensure these touchpoints are strategically aligned.
- Develop and implement a strategy for traditional print advertising in key lifestyle and gardening titles and work with our incumbent PR company to gain increased coverage
- Create a plan for digital advertising and promotion across these same titles, and also for Google Shopping and paid social media.
- Provide content for, and work with, our specialist social media company to increase traction on our Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest platforms.
- Establish and manage a working relationship with one or more brand ambassadors and influencers.
- Create a brand offer for collaboration with organisations in the gardening world.
- Produce our monthly Potpourri email magazine, working with our gardening journalist.
- Implement an email marketing strategy using Mailchimp mailers.
- Manage the website and work with our website developer to implement changes and modifications.
- Monitor performance of Genus marketing through Google Analytics and Shopify website data.
- Organise photoshoots for lifestyle and product imagery.
- Oversee events specialists to set up Genus presence at events and flower shows.
- Work with our incumbent graphic designer on all two-dimensional design requirements.
- Conceive and implement new sustainable packaging concepts.
- Develop in-pack communication and promotional material.
A strategy-oriented brand marketer with a strong creative instinct, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a variety of different skills from previous roles. You will have a broad understanding of marketing, with experience in multiple channels including both traditional and digital along with a commercial acumen.
Experience working in smaller, dynamic companies where you have had autonomy over multiple projects and campaigns at any one time. You need to show that you can develop strategies as well as efficiently implementing your plans.
You have the ability to manage a budget and be creative with how this is spent.
Prior knowledge of the customers, organisations and dynamics of the gardening market, or the ability to quickly learn and understand.
You will be able to show how you can manage stakeholders both internally and externally as this role interacts with various different parties on a regular basis.
Experience working on marketing channels that are directly responsible for driving revenue for the brand.
Hands on experience with event management. This role will be responsible for managing a number of events throughout the calendar year and so experience here will be beneficial.
Implemented and worked on a CRM strategy, mainly through email marketing and have experience engaging a database to drive additional revenue.
Finally, you will demonstrate a love of gardening.