Are you interested in becoming a Care Assistant? If you are seeking a new role which is rewarding and fulfilling, bring your positive energy to Sherwood House.
Position: Care Assistant
Location: NG15 8AE, Linby, Nottingham
Salary: £15,101 - £15,367 per annum (£8.91 - £9.07 per hour) plus enhancements for night working
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Sherwood House is a registered care home supporting 19 adults over the age of 65 and stands proudly among an array of beautiful gardens. It is one of the top 20 care homes in the East Midlands! Just 9 miles from Nottingham city centre, the site is easily accessible by bus (no.141) and is situated just off the main high street in Linby.
About the role of Care Assistant:
As a Care Assistant, you will work with a variety of friendly and professional individuals whilst supporting the fabulous residents. They are looking for 3 determined and dedicated Care Assistants to join the team and make a difference.
Your duties may involve:
- Respond to health and safety issues, comply with current infection control policies and procedures and complete relevant H&S training
- Assist in the delivery of support to clients who may present behavioural challenges
- Helping the residents to maintaining good health, hygiene and personal care eg dressing, washing, shaving, going to the toilet.
- Plan engaging and person centred activities for residents to participate in
Please note that due to the needs of the customers, there may be an element of moving and handling involved in the role; as such, you will need to be willing and able to undertake these duties.
“Our goal at Sherwood House is to help the residents to achieve their goals, wishes and aspirations” – Current Manager.
“You will gain a great amount of personal satisfaction from supporting our residents to live fulfilled and independent lives. It is like one big extended family -Current Colleague.
You will be patient, caring and dedicated to making a positive difference to our residents’ everyday lives and providing a “home from home experience”.
It is essential that you are comfortable with providing personal care and flexible in your approach to working on a rota basis. Your shift pattern may vary each week, but at the end of the month it will equate to the contracted hours of 32.5 per week.
Shifts are typically 07.30am - 14.00pm & 14.15pm - 20.45pm on a rota basis including weekends and bank holidays.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role and to have the mandatory COVID Vaccinations.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- Company Pension Scheme cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.