Dartford - Flexible Working Available
Laing O'Rourke has set ambitious targets to transform its business, leveraging lean and agile delivery methods to drive efficiency across all modes of operation. To support this initiative the Group Executive Committee has established a new business entity within the technical function, responsible for the creation and maintenance of digital products to provide transparency and accountability to the program and ultimately realize the huge potential that lies across the construction industry. The group will be led by the newly appointed Group Director of Technology and Digital and will have the full support under a matrixed structure with engineering, research and development, information technology and our global business development and operations teams.
A big part of this change is fostering a culture of trust, truth and transparency supported by inclusion, sustainability and wellbeing of our employees. The successful candidate will be an action-oriented driving force for change within the organization; they will be expected to engage with a broad set of stakeholders and subject matter experts across multiple disciplines, build strong relationships across the group and help lead the organization.
The Agile Coach will be responsible to mentor Product teams on the Agile values and practices. Encourage colleagues and leadership team to embrace the Agile Manifesto. Coach product teams and reinforce Agile ways of working.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Define details of Agile ways of working, establish best practices and develop/document methods and learnings
- Design and conduct agile training and coaching tailored to the needs and maturity of the Product team/squads and senior leadership team
- Responsible for ensuring Agile ways of working are adopted in a product teams and understood by leadership team
- Provide guidance and support to product team in the delivery of digital products at pace, protecting them from external distractions
- Collaborate and lead Scrum Masters in providing guidance and consistency on Agile delivery practice at organisation level.
- Determine, apply, and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for Next-Gen IT operating environment
- Ensure Next-Gen IT Operating model and agile ways of working is properly understood and applied in all Products via training sessions, workshops, and coaching of product team/squads, including best practices for development and customer feedback
- Propose tailored action plan for each product team/squad in order to continuously improve performance
- Evaluate squad maturity with regards to Agile practice and experience
- Assess individuals and provide certification for Agile expertise
- Help build a community across teams in the business
- Experienced in setting up and mobilizing agile way of working with two or more teams
- 6+ years of experience in agile coaching and deep understanding of scaled agile, agile Scrum/Kanban methodologies in complex organisation. Other methods (Kanban, lean, lean startup...) are also desirable
- Proven experience working across the full agile product development life cycle - from conception through to deployment.
- Very strong teaching and communication skills aimed at individuals spanning all levels of seniority
- Certified on agile coaching.
- Hands-on experience and previous accountability for delivery outcomes using Agile practices
- A solid understanding of how people adapt to change and ability to establish and maintain strong relationships to influence product teams to move towards agile way of working.
- Global experience, worked across different regions and cultures
The ideal candidate will have: strong characteristics of rigor; demonstrate creative and innovative thinking; be pragmatic, empathetic, customer and service oriented; possess clear and effective communication skills; have the ability to take a stand, make and receive feedback, provide solutions; is result oriented and has the ability to make decisions and be held accountable for those decisions.
Construction Industry experience is desirable but not mandatory.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email