Willmott Dixon are currently recruiting for a Services Manager to cover our Central South region. Our offices in this region are based in Farnborough and Oxford.
The main purpose of a Services Manager at Willmott Dixon is to manage the preconstruction services team through the tender and design development period and to ensure the production of high quality information and accurate costs.
- Manage the complete qualitative, technical and commercial appraisal of services tenders across the team, in conjunction with other team members.
- Identify equal and approved services solutions for inclusion in tenders.
- Ensure technical appraisals of the services design to ensure compliance on all projects.
- Oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender.
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic.
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2020 of £1.1 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investors in People'.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Good standard of mathematical ability.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Appropriate managerial experience in the services sector.
- Understanding of all relevant M&E and services legislation.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficient use of and Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience of a variety of M&E projects in a wide range of sectors.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Design/ Estimating experience.
- Working towards MCIOB / CIBSE.
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile/flexible working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.