Handbag Designer- 1yr Maternity FTC
About the Team
Collaborating with the buying, merchandising and technology teams, you will be responsible for designing and developing new handbag ranges. You will be involved throughout the whole process from design concept through to technical development and product selection.
About the role:
- Produce creative designs that represent the very latest handbag trends.
- Plan and design new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from design concept through to technical development and product selection.
- Develop ranges mid season, reacting quickly to any necessary changes.
- Collaborate with the Buyer, Merchandiser and Technologist to produce a fashionable, commercial range.
- Highly creative with a real vision for designing handbag ranges.
- Experienced in identifying and proposing potential new product opportunities.
- Outstanding commercial awareness and comprehensive understanding of handbag and accessory design and trends.
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines are met.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of working well with other product teams and external suppliers to build productive relationships.
- Qualified to degree or HND level in Fashion Design or similar subject.
- Competent user of both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please note, as part of the application process we require you to submit examples of your portfolio, please ensure you provide a link to your portfolio in the cover letter section of your application.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!