Category Procurement Manager (Heating and Cooling)
Location: Dartford or Manchester
Permanent, Full time role - Hybrid working split between office and home
Are you a procurement professional who understands heating and cooling systems? Do you purchase commodities or subcontracts for mechanical pipework, thermal Insulation, boilers, heat exchangers or coolers? Then Laing O'Rourke has an opportunity for you.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the heating and cooling category. Working in our specialist MEP business unit Crown House Technologies. Do you want to grow your knowledge of MEP commodities and contracts on major projects? Then please review the duties below.
Key Capabilities and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage vendor selection and manage performance
- A strong procurement background
- Commercial negotiation and order management
- Strategic development along with strong commercial business acumen to create compelling category plans - balancing cost, quality and risks;
- Assisting with bids
- Proactively execute cluster replace "cluster" with "category" plans using strategic sourcing methodology
- Build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with your key suppliers to identify opportunities and ideas
- Deliver internal and external customer satisfaction whilst maintaining unimpeachable professional standards.
- Knowledge of one of; mechanical pipework, thermal Insulation, boilers, heat exchangers or coolers or similar
- An assistant procurement manager looking for the next step or an established procurement manager with MEP knowledge
- An innovative thinking who has the ability to communicate at various levels and engage suppliers
Would you like to join a market leading MEP division? Do you want genuine career path guidance and regular reviews? Then don't hesitate to apply.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email