Operations Manager, Sky Studios
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Responsible for the effective implementation and running of Sky Studios Elstree (SSE) operational processes, systems, production facilities and admin to ensure seamless on-site service for all users, the Operations Manager is a key conduit between the Client Services, Facilities, H&S, Finance and other business teams. Creating an essential link across day-to-day activities, they will ensure client needs are met whilst delivering on the objectives of the Studios. As a key point of contact for Clients working at SSE, and they will be passionate about ensuring all Clients have a best-in-class experience whilst on site.
What you'll do:
- Supporting the Head of Operations in ensuring operational controls are maintained across the site at all times, whilst delivering the highest level of user experience to all SSE clients
- Day to day contact for facilities and services, aligning productions with Facilities management and Sky Spaces
- Working in partnership with Client Services team to optimise site utilisation and continuously find opportunities to improve efficiency
- Identifying, tracking, reviewing and improving on key performance metrics across the Operations and Facilities teams
- Aligning with Commercial Finance to provide regular reports as required by SSE and Sky Studios in support of business case delivery and ongoing OpEx and CapEx planning
- Departmental lead on booking system management and maintenance
- Owns and ensures documentation of key processes, standard operating procedures, policy documents and client information packs are maintained and updated by the relevant dept
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of operational experience, ideally in a production facilities environment, solving complex operational problems
- Strong understanding of production workflow across bookings/scheduling/ production process
- Process focused; able to interface and provide relevant documentation/reports for all business areas, at all levels
- Superior project management skills, can prioritize and execute multiple complex projects at the same time
- Delivery focused and solution orientated; quick to respond/act
- Strong computer literacy across Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to learn and adapt to multiple production/facility systems
- Desire to support young and diverse talent development in the industry is ideal
Sky StudiosWe want to make Sky Studios famous for exceptional content and a place where Europe's top creatives want to do their best work. By 2024, viewers across Europe will be able to enjoy twice as much Sky original content as they do today, fully supported and backed by Comcast NBC Universal. We're an agile Studio, seeking out untold stories while working in creative partnership with today's best writers, producers and on-screen talent - bringing viewers content they wouldn't find anywhere else.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.