Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the Compute Platform team at Sky which is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals. The team are responsible for the underlying IT infrastructure of the Broadcast side of Sky and work closely with application teams that provide some of Skys fantastic products. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work through critical issues, to delivering cutting edge technology, you should consider us.
What you'll do:
- Implement and maintain a large Linux infrastructure including RedHat versions 6,7 & 8 but also Centos and Ubuntu.
- Responsible for delivery, configuration, maintenance and continual improvement of the supported IT infrastructure.
- Take ownership of technically challenging incidents and requests, ensuring operational issues are managed and progressed as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that any changes to existing production platforms are captured in the change management system and documented.
- Assess and deploy security patches to protect against threats and vulnerabilities.
- Managing and supporting Linux systems running clustering technologies such as Veritas and RedHat Clustering.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent Linux skills: Design, install, configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting technologies - Such as PowerShell, Python, Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience of Cloud and Virtualisation platforms - such as; VMWare, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Infrastructure experience from the 'Ops' side of 'DevOps', SRE desirable
- RedHat certifications are desirable but not necessary
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.