Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our busy in-house application services team on a fixed-term contract basis up until June 2022. Although the team is Letchworth based, this role can also be done remotely.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
* Genuine and friendly
* Innovative and keen to improve
* Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Data and BI team? It means that they get the opportunity to continue to grow and develop their BI skills and get to use some of the latest BI tools that are out there. Having recently migrated to Azure, we are currently understanding which Azure services will best suit our business needs and we are committed to rolling out Power BI so that all of our people have the opportunity to visualise our data and share insights across the organisation.
And we are not just looking for a technical whizz that spends hours tapping away at a keyboard staring at a monitor all day. Within this role we will give you the opportunity to directly engage with your customers to understand their requirements and to present your solutions to them. We need people who will be happy to deal with stakeholders in person, over the phone or via Microsoft Teams to give them an outstanding customer experience - this is an important part of our team culture.
We are looking for somebody with strong Business Objects experience as well as some Power BI experience. We are looking for this person to pick up data and BI requests and incidents, and work with our customers to solve their issues and deliver their reporting requirements. You will have good communication skills as you will be talking to the business through teams/email and will need to liaise with our internal teams too.
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our busy in-house development team. The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Analyst will include: -
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements and delivering high quality and accurate business objects universe and reporting.
- Build on the existing data warehouse by reviewing existing silo databases and building integrations
- To offer a holistic view of data across the Willmott Dixon estate and give guidance or build standards to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to database structure during technical meetings
- To enhance reporting database structures where required
- Understand how integrated data sets can be used in Business Intelligence, either as reports or visualisations
- To understand administration of Business Objects processes and servers
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
Essential and Desirable Criteria
You will need to have proven experience of:
- SAP Business Objects product suite (XI v3 and upwards) covering reporting and universe design
- UDT/IDT applications
- Power BI
- SQL server Management Studio
- MS BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Knowledge of views/stored procedures/functions
- SQL Server database experience
- Use of SSIS and other ETL tools for data processing
- Knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories
- Elicitation, documentation and validation of system requirements.
- System testing and techniques
- Delivery of technical projects
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development life cycle.
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
Qualifications and Membership
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Business Analysis
- CCBA / CBAP
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation