25146825001, Cleaner (Full-time) - Birmingham
About the opportunity
Amey provides facilities and estate management services covering 21 sites to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Delivering planned and reactive maintenance, essential services like cleaning, catering, we help keep the sites we maintain, safe, clean and complaint.
We work in partnership with our clients and clinical staff to ensure the 24/7 service we provide is delivered to the highest standard with minimum impact or disruption to day-to-day operational requirements of the Trust and patient care
Based across two sites, your role as Cleaner will be to provide a cleaning service that meets our contractual commitments, to include, but not limited to, tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, the polishing of surface and mopping of areas required. In line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
Site locations will be Newbridge House, B10 9JH and Small Heath Health Centre, B10 0PG
This is a full time, permanent position working 38 hours per week:
- Monday to Friday 13:00pm - 19:00pm and alternate Saturday/Sunday 11:00am - 19:00pm
We are offering an hourly rate of £9.50 per hour plus a range of Amey benefits for this role.
A Basic Disclosure will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
What will this role involve?
- Work according to legislative regulations i.e ensuring the correct use of colour coded equipment
- Comply with Internal and External HSEA requirements
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our contractual requirements
- Control stock levels and order consumables to ensure service delivery through the correct channels
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- Ensure a high quality service is provided to the building users at all times ensuring customer satisfaction
- Report any concerns or issues to the supervisor immediately for action e.g. broken equipment
- Ensure that all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard
- Operate in accordance with the Soft Services Platform and Handbook
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working within a healthcare or commercial environment is desirable
- Successfully secure a Basic Disclosure check via Amey
- Experience using chemicals and machinery safely
- Completes work to a high standard
- Able to manage time effectively to fulfil duties required
- Reliable and Punctual
- A team member
- Environmental awareness
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.