X3 Associate Consultant
Are you an experienced applications/biomedical engineering support or biomedical scientist within pathology looking for a change in career direction?
Would you like to drive operational improvements for our pathology laboratories customers across the UK and Ireland?
Do you have a strong interest in change management and workflow/diagnostic solutions?
Does a rewarding career with a progressive, innovative business that is transforming the healthcare landscape, excite you?
We are currently recruiting for an Operational Effectiveness Roche Healthcare Associate Consultant (OE RHAC) within the Operational Effectiveness Roche Healthcare Consultants (OE RHC) team to join a dynamic team of experts that is delivering technical and process consultancy solutions as part of the Technical Services group.
The OE RHC team is responsible for customer consultancy solutions, covering all business areas including Centralised Solutions, Molecular and Tissue, across the UK, Ireland and Agency countries (Cyprus, Iceland, Israel, Malta). The team is responsible for laboratory solution design and process improvement, utilising Lean methodologies and technical/workflow expertise.
At a practical level, you will provide analytical and laboratory design support to our consultant team on a wide range of projects varying in scale and complexity with the goal that you will progressively gain knowledge and expertise on developing optimised laboratory solutions. You will work closely with multiple functional teams across the business, creating solution proposals for customers and/or bid tender submissions. In particular you will collaborate closely with Sales Specialists and Customer Account Managers to develop the vision for a customer, and with Project Managers to make the solution concept a reality.
This is a field-based role split between home office and weekly customer site visits as well as field team meetings and UK head office visits.
Educated to degree or equivalent in biomedical science, healthcare, commercial, technical, economics.
You will have experience working in the healthcare sector and possess a strong understanding of pathology practices, including automated laboratory pathology systems and associated data management systems.
With proven negotiation and problem solving/consulting skills and a passion for customer service, you’ll combine a flexible approach with the positive determination to seize opportunities and resolve complex challenges through to successful constructive resolutions.
Specifically you will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- Familiarity with Roche products and instrumentation; in particular experience of Centralised Solutions, including pre-analytics, analytics, post analytics
- Knowledge of laboratory IT solutions and process mapping
- Good conceptual thinking, with strong analytical skills, at ease working with technical information (consultancy tools & methodologies) and in a clinical pathology environment;
- Strong team player, analytical and creative mindset with excellent communication/presentation skills
- Awareness of Consultancy and Project methodologies including change management, business process management including Lean methodologies
In addition, the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Product knowledge of Roche automated solutions and IT products
- Proficient in IT tools (workflow models, Excel, Visio, RFPIO) required to deliver diagnostic proposals and solutions
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness as part of a tender sales cycle
- Understanding healthcare economics/value ideally in Diagnostics
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and benefits package, but also a recognised training program and continuous support to build on your knowledge, skills and potential, helping you prepare for the exciting opportunities for further career development.
All of which has ranked Roche number 1 in the UK 2021 Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For.
Want to find out what it really means to be part of our customer projects team at Roche Diagnostics:
Meet Amal, one of our Roche Insiders from Technical Services and ask her questions while exploring her story on our Roche careers' platform: