InfoSec SOC Analyst - Flexible Working Available
A great opportunity has arisen for Graduate InfoSec Analyst to join L&Q at a very exciting time, where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers old and new. L&Q is in the UK’s Top 25 Great Place to Work and Top 15 for UK’s Great Place to Work for Women. There is huge commitment to investment in Information Security, Technology and Modern Workplace and continued move to full Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack and a great place to get involved in all parts of the transformation.
We are looking for an adaptable and forward-thinking Graduate InfoSec Analyst with a SOC focus, able to help shape the future Technology Landscape of L&Q. They will be joining an established Infosec Team with the aim to grow the Infosec function and, in particular, security operations. They will be exposed to modern security operations; and a highly experienced and capable team. They will contribute and help bring forward new ideas and thinking for incident response, visibility, monitoring and investigations that ensure the security and risk strategy meet regulatory and business requirements within Technology and the wider organisation. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are key.
The Graduate InfoSec Analyst will report directly to Information Security Lead, work with the Infosec SOC team as well as the wider Technology team. The role will transition into a permanent role with the security operations function within Information Security. They will work across the business to ensure information and cyber security is proactively embedded to suit L&Q’s goals and ambitions. This person will be an enabler with an innovative attitude and a proactive, positive approach.
The Graduate InfoSec Analyst will:
· Assist the InfoSec team within the broad area of Technology working with new security technologies, tools and techniques
· Receive on-the-job training and have access to and partake in appropriate courses
· Be exposed to a wide environment of technologies
· Assisting in pilot schemes / proofs of concept solutions to create patterns that lead the way for L&Q’s future Technology systems and processes
· Working closely with the SOC and wider team, to provide a modern approach to security operations
· Assisting in providing information security oversight, visibility and assurance across business projects, solutions and systems.
· Have a calm and composed approach to tackling challenges
Skills and Experience:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and good verbal, written and communication skills
· Foundation knowledge or awareness of ISMS standards such as ISO27001 and/or Cyber Security Essentials - Desirable
· Foundation knowledge or understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers.
· Foundation knowledge or basic understanding of various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
· Foundation Knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus/Malware solutions, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Threat Analysis.
· Foundation knowledge or basic understanding of data and/or log analysis
· Foundation level understanding of information security best practice and incident response.
· Foundation or basic knowledge and understanding of identification of cyber threats, malware, viruses and system breach indicators.
· Foundation experience and/or knowledge of working with secure network technology such as routers, firewalls and cloud security.
Desirable candidates should have computer and technical skills but do not need to have completed a technical, information security or similar degree.
If you have a can-do attitude and want to be part of the exciting and evolving industry of information and cyber industry as well as making a positive difference to people’s lives, then please complete the application form without delay.
We will fund the successful applicant to complete the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification or equivalent and they will also have access to official Microsoft training and a learning path in Pluralsight.
*We are a multi-site organisation, so some roles may require occasional travel between offices but expenses will be covered.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.