HR Administrator - 9 month FTC
HR Administrator - 9 month FTC
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centres of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organisational Effectiveness & Engagement & Communication and Real Estate & Facilities. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Primary role purpose:
The HR Administrator will work closely with our HR Advisors and HR Business Partners who support different Business Units across Inmarsat globally. The role will be varied as you’ll work with a global HR generalist community as well as providing administrative support to all areas of our organisation. You’ll provide essential day-to-day support and enable us to run a seamless HR service. To be successful in this role you will be extremely organised, detailed, approachable, solution orientated and can juggle a variety of administrative tasks at once. You’ll also care about customer service and producing quality work. You’ll be working in a team who are passionate about the work they do and want to continually improve the People Office and the support we provide to the business. This role will suit someone with HR administration experience looking for a new challenge.
- Responsible for all HR administration across the employee lifecycle, including recruitment and on-boarding, supporting all employee queries and events during employment such as flexible working, the annual pay and promotion cycle, organisational development work and supporting with employee relations
- Updating the HR system with new vacancies and co-ordinating with our Resourcing team to kick off recruitment processes
- Supporting the new starter process by preparing and issuing employment contracts, coordinating background checks, setting up employee files and updating the HR system with new employee records and notifying Payroll
- Lead the welcome process, ensuring employees have everything they need to get started with Inmarsat. This will include on-boarding administration and providing information to managers, setting up welcome meetings for the HR Advisors and helping new joiners with any questions they have prior to joining the business
- Producing accurately all employee related letters and employment documents including: contracts of employment, reference letters for current and past employees, overseas assignment agreements, job change letters, salary change letters, redundancy statements, settlement agreements etc. Adapting those letters as may be required
- Support the HR team in implementing consistent processes and standardising our processes, templates and ways of working for anything administration related
- Identifying and driving new and better ways of doing things
- Driving the function forward on its automation journey – using your IT skills to reduce manual work and increase accuracy for all processes
- Administer the leaver process and update our HR system and Payroll with leaver information
- Organise and maintain accurate employee data, including the personnel files and HR system data (this can include personal details, sickness records, grade changes, job updates etc.)
- Reporting and preparation of people related data – intermediate Excel skills are essential
- Raise Purchase Orders (POs) and manage our corporate card administration
- Monthly headcount reporting and supporting the HR Advisors and HR Business Partners by preparing the data ahead of month end meetings
- Responsible for capturing all Payroll changes and coordinating with the Payroll team to ensure accurate and on time processing of any pay related changes
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Reliable, organised, diligent and have a good eye for detail
- Flexible, adaptable and reliable, and able to manage several tasks at once
- Professional, and absolutely discreet and trustworthy with confidential information
- Approachable, friendly, willing, a team player and passionate about providing a great employee experience
- Proactive and ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and ideally experience with inputting data into HR systems. Experience in or appetite to identify and deliver system solutions to currently manual tasks will be key for this team in the coming future
- Good HR admin experience – demonstrable ability to exercise judgement in ambiguous matters
- A passion for working in HR, either working towards or has an interest in pursuing a CIPD qualification
- Previous HR administration experience supporting a fast paced HR team is essential
- As this role supports a global community, language skills would be a great advantage, particularly in French, Dutch, and Norwegian for example.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do