Partner Implementation Manager
Partner Implementation Manager
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
As a member of Partner Implementation, you will be required to on-board partners onto the Inmarsat systems and networks, thus enabling them to sell Inmarsat satellite services. This includes delivering the full end to end integration of systems and processes of new Distribution Partners (DP’s) and Value Added Resellers (VAR’s) and/or implement new services that requires integration of systems and processes with existing Distribution Partners (DP’s) and Value Added Resellers (VAR’s).
This will require working with virtual teams (including at the senior management level) within both, Inmarsat and the DP/VAR teams to enable the Partner to generate revenue.
Next to that, part of the role is to pro-actively manage/lead the identification and delivery of solutions to issues, either operationally or technically, to allow the DP/VAR to continue performing efficiently and optimally; resulting in increased revenue flows and customer satisfaction.
Work closely with the account teams to ensure that the operational on-boarding is in line with what is agreed commercially with the Partner.
Exceptional people skills are essential to the success of this role to maintain the highest possible level of performance and quality.
You are proactive by nature, build rapport quickly and inspire confidence due to your organized, supportive manner along with your ability to understand complex issues. You are commercially astute and make considered decisions daily.
- Program manages the wider Inmarsat virtual team to assist with the integration of the new Partner i.e. influence and co-ordinate teams for testing and scheduling of work
- Conduct regular reviews and readiness testing at the end of the implementation to ensure new DP/VAR systems, network and processes are ready to conduct Inmarsat business
- Timely and cost-effective end to end on boarding of new Partners and/or implementation of new major services within existing Partners.
- Provide analysis of service performance and initiate improvements programs that drive Customer Satisfaction
- Provide senior stakeholder management teams that focus is provided to enhance and protect the Customer experience through effective colleague engagement, process design and knowledge management
- To ensure that relationships with the Business Units and other Business Functions are effectively maintained and managed
This post requires a large degree of initiative and the successful applicant must be able to work without close supervision.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in business, engineering or similar / equivalent experience
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience working in a similar capacity, preferably within the telecoms/satcoms industry.
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen - performance driven.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Good project management skills
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Process and procedural driven thinking
- Track record of working and managing within a matrix organisation including the ability to influence and collaborate up to and including the senior team
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical ability
- Tactical Implementation and facilitation skills
- The ability to engage senior teams within both Inmarsat and the Partner
- Solutions focus and ability to manage through to resolution
- Knowledge of Data, IP and Networks and preferably from a Telecom’ background
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working in an international operational environment
- Awareness of the various Inmarsat products and services and their capabilities
- Understanding of bid management process
Personal qualities fundamental to success in this role:
- A demonstrated ability to work across organisational boundaries
- Objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking
- Provide candid feedback
- Ability to face up to problems quickly and take action
- A willingness to be self-critical and learn from mistakes - avoiding hubris
- Acts within his circle of competence and knows the boundary
- Ability to identify with Inmarsat values
- Ability to finalise projects
- Proactive and analytical attitude
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do