Customer Insight Manager
About the job
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Customer Insight Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Are you looking for a role that allows you to make a real strategic difference?
Are you an expert in analysing data and statistics?
Would you love to be a part of an organisation that affects millions of people’s lives every day?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Job description
The UK Ship Register (UKSR) team works to promote the UK Flag worldwide to fulfil the mission to be the world’s best performing international flag. The UK Flag has been implementing a progressive strategy putting it at the centre of the fundamental changes disrupting the global maritime sector; namely decarbonisation and technological innovation. It is now able to accelerate growth through its customer-centric mindset and by continuing the development of its high-performing, commercially astute team.
We are currently in search of a new Customer Insight Manager to own the insight into UK Flag customers, prospect customers and market influencers. The role will be crucial in driving change through a deep understanding of customer’s current and future needs.
This new and rewarding role will allow you to contribute to the Maritime & Coastguard’s Agency mission to be a world-leading organisation, accelerating the transition to sustainable shipping with non-negotiable safety standards.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Building a detailed picture of the UK flag’s customers.
• Defining the UK Ship Register Value Chain and examining all customer touch points along it.
• Working closely with the communication and marketing teams.
• Developing and maintaining accurate customer personas and user journeys, helping to improve both online and offline customer experience.
• Taking the lead in coordinating links with the UK Maritime Business Development Directorate.
• Feeding into relevant UK Maritime Services projects, presenting the view of the customer through data and insights.
Please see the attached Role Profile for an in-depth view of the post.
To thrive in this role, you will possess first class verbal and written communication qualities, with an eye for quality customer service.
We would love to hear from individuals with an eye for analysing data and statistics and using this information to support key business decisions. You will hold a proven ability in interpreting data and delivering customer insights from it, telling data stories to deliver an overall improved customer experience. Applicants will also be expected to be highly competent in digital data and research sources such as Google Analytics and other Social Media tools.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Making Effective Decisions
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Communications Framework - Insight (Level 3) The link to the GCS Framework can be found here
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out what it's like to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
As part of this position, you will have the chance to join either of the below pension schemes:
• The Alpha career average pension scheme (defined benefit). That has an annual accrual rate of 2.32% of salary and an employer contribution rate of up to 30.3% dependent upon pensionable salary. Employee contributions are also based upon your salary and contribution rates and further benefits you could receive as a Civil Servant can be found on the Civil Service Pension Website.
• We also offer an occupational pension scheme called Partnership (defined contribution). You do not have to make any payments to have a Partnership pension account as your employer will make an age related contributions of up to 14.75% (based upon your age). If you do choose to contribute, your employer will match your contributions up to a further 3% of pensionable salary. More information on the Partnership pension can be found on the Civil Service Pension Website.
Things you need to know Security
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
This vacancy is using Success Profiles. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide detailed evidence of your knowledge and experience of the following sift criteria within your CV and Personal Statement:
- Expert in data analysis and statistics
- Highly competent in digital data and research sources ie Google Analytics, Social Media tools,
- Ability to interpret data and deliver customer insights from it, tell data stories to bring it to life and deliver improved customer experience
The sift is due to take place from 26th October 2021.
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held w/c 11th November 2021.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview
• an interview with one or more exercises
• a full day of activities including interactive, written and timed exercises
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section.
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Dan Vivian Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Recruitment team : Email : email@example.com Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Attachments 20210922 Customer Insight Manager - Role Profile Opens in new window(pdf, 101kB) Candidate Guidance for CV and Personal Statement Opens in new window(pdf, 405kB) Candidate Notes Opens in new window(pdf, 823kB)