We are looking to recruit resilient, caring and proactive Support Workers to join our clients Personalised Support Team (PST) South in Nottingham.
Position: Support Worker
Salary: £17,495 - £19,568 per annum (£9.07 to £10.14 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time and part time available
Closing Date: Sunday 31 October 2021
Interviews: Being arranged on an ongoing basis
About the Role:
Whether you are looking to gain experience in the world of care or perhaps you already know how great it is to care for others - Consider joining our fantastic Personalised Support Team!
In the role of a Support Worker, every day is different but extremely rewarding. Citizens are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such with dignity and respect.
Your duties and responsibilities may include:
- Personal care
- Administering and/or assisting with Medication
- Meal preparation and advocating a healthy lifestyle
- Helping the clients to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing such as going to the cinema, arts and crafts, watching football, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions in the community
- Improving confidence and independence
- Tenancy related support and budgeting/debt management
To give you an insight, you might spend your morning helping a young woman with learning disabilities get ready for the day by providing personal care, support with breakfast and motivating them to go to their favourite day centre. You could be visiting one of the supported living projects to help someone with their finances and budgeting. By the end of your shift, you will have helped a multitude of people with a multitude of daily tasks; each one resulting in a huge sense of achievement and satisfaction!
To be considered for the role of Support Worker you do not necessarily need previous experience within care, however you will have the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our clients CLEAR values! You do not need qualifications – you will be trained to become an excellent support worker. Above all the values of Caring, Learning, enthusiastic, accountable and resilient will resonate with you.
In this role, you may encounter challenging behaviour so it is beneficial if you are confident to de-escalate and challenge behaviour. However don’t worry if you haven’t dealt with this before – you will be provided with the training you require to fully equip you
Here are just some of the ways that our client can reward you:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Pay award on successful completion of probation period
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by employer and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.