Senior Software Engineer
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Manchester Westminster House (city centre opposite Piccadilly Gardens). We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our transformation programme, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team where you'll impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy working closely with senior leadership and our business partners to ensure we align to (and contribute towards) the banks strategic vision. Primarily focusing on Telephony but maximising opportunities for our products to be used strategically across other channels. You'll also progress the decommissioning of old applications / tech stacks and remediate technical debt.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Desktop Feature Team, you'll play a pivotal role in the future of Lloyds Banking Group Desktop product development from shaping the way we craft, build, test to how we deploy using cutting edge technology. You're someone who is passionate about mentoring more junior engineers/developers and you'll take a lead role in shaping our vibrant and dynamic engineering team. Ideally, you're someone who has experience in the delivery of innovative Desktop experiences based around customer conversations, not just screen-based workflow; passionate about simplifying and optimising architectural landscapes in line with a technical roadmap.
Required essential skills we're looking for:
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and growing your engineering colleague's talent, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Proven practical experience of applying software practices; advocating modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- Knowledge of GIT, source code management and managing change.
- Experience of DevOps toolchains and container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Istio), cloud technologies (GCP, ICP, Azure).
We appreciate that someone may not have all the skills for the role, but we'd also welcome:
- An understanding of the entire application stack and experience of ensuring software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices of our wider engineering community.
- Appreciation and understanding of agile development practices, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Show understanding of how to design low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- An interest in and understanding of industry innovation and apply and share knowledge to provide solutions for intricate business problems, where no precedent may exist, and ensure the implementation of solutions where appropriate.
What you'll get from the role
We'll provide you with a diverse, energising, and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and supports career progression. A role within our team will provide the chance to work flexibly and collaboratively. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a positive difference to the overall teams' mission.
What can we offer you in return?
Salary and Benefits package includes: £58, 941 - £65, 490 base salary, 4% flexible benefit cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash), a generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, discretionary variable annual performance bonus and private medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make a difference. At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity.
So, if you have the skills, background, and outlook we're seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we'd love you to join our team!