Main purpose of role
To support the department ensuring a high quality data production and provide advice and support to the team regarding CarillionAmey processes.
- Provide administrative support for the effective, compliant and timely delivery of departmental duties in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls promptly and professionally.
- Preparation and maintenance of reports as required by management utilising MS Excel, WorkManager or other bespoke IT systems to monitor business performance.
- Support management in formal meetings including booking suitable facilities, confirming site access for non-pass holders, recording attendance and producing accurate minutes and action logs
- Where required, maintain the office filing system in accordance with CarillionAmey policy, both electronic and hard copy files.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Support management in providing accurate data to allow optimal solutions to customer requirements and to resolve end user issues.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests information and advice regarding the department
- Support the IT department with on-going system developments including testing of new updates and bug fixes.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- Support the team to ensure that all works are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for CarillionAmey.
Skills & Experience Profile
· Significant practical experience in administration including a good understanding of administration requirements in a busy, fast paced environment, data processing and management and prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Planning, directing and controlling activities
· Influencing a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs
· Providing administrative support and advice to managers across the business
· Demonstrable experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
· Experience of operating in an MOD environment
· Use of bespoke computer systems
· Familiarisation of legal requirements in relation to construction activities
· Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Training & Qualifications
· NVQ level 2 qualification in Administration, a related discipline or equivalent experience
· Undertake training to meet the requirements of the role
· Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
· Accredited Office Health & Safety Qualification
· Accredited training qualification in MS Office packages
· Familiarisation with WorkManager applications
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.