Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise on our Ministry of Justice contract. Working across the North West and/or Midlands you will provide commercial expertise on new build, refurbishment and/or M&E projects under the MOJ TFM contract.
This full time permanent role is based in either Birmingham, Bradford or Buckshaw village, and you will also regularly visit the prison sites. You will report to the Principal Commercial Manager.
You will provide commercial best practice on project works which can range from replacement of windows through to complete prison wing refurbishments. Ideally you will be a trained Quantity Surveyor with around 5 years of experience.
- Pricing project works in liaison with the Project Managers.
- Reporting on profit & loss for each project.
- Administration of NEC and bespoke contracts.
- Issuing subcontract instructions.
- Final accounting subcontract works.
- Final accounting projects with the client.
- Providing weekly reporting data to feed in to weekly P & L reports.
- Liaising with the client; establishing a firm working relationship and ensuring continuous improvement on the contract.
- You will have strong commercial experience within the FM and/or Construction industries with awareness of M+E, built from a QS background.
- A relevant degree qualification or accreditation is desirable and competency in computer skills to a high level with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products particularly Excel and Word.
- You should have a strong focus on Health & Safety and contract compliance with the drive to ensure high safety standards are always maintained. This role also requires excellent client management, any experience working with a large client or local authority would be beneficial.
- The position will also require regular travelling around the North West or Midlands.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.