Business Improvement Manager
Here within the Amey Utilities business we have an opportunity for a Business Improvement Manager to join the governance team. The role will have a joint function; delivering Business Improvement objectives and supporting our governance process for new opportunities. You will be working on the Severn Trent account and seeking opportunities for new business elsewhere too. You will be assessing performance metrics to drive key improvements across the operational, design and commercial teams, and implementing improvements to processes.
A background in the construction or utilities sector would be beneficial.
You will be based between home and office each week (likely 2-3 days in the office) and the locations are in Castle Donnington or Coventry.
This is a full time, permanent role and working hours are 8-5.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement through engagement with business leaders and staff at all levels and the provision of the infrastructure needed to enable innovation across the business.
- Delivering improvement, supporting the prioritisation of improvement effort by developing, reviewing, and analysing Amey KPIs, contract and functional performance management and other management information.
- Facilitating and enabling communities of practice to identify and share improvement opportunities and provide essential input into work winning.
- Providing support for bid opportunities with a specialism in one or more of the following: change control, quality management, risk and issue management, project knowledge and reporting.
- Gathering and evaluation of information to provide complete and accurate presentations or reports.
- Provide effective management services to the bid, ensuring that decisions are recorded, risks and issues documented, and plans are maintained.
- Understanding and track the approvals process.
- Understanding bid requirements, translating, and presenting them in a structured format and articulating them to team members.
- Has delivered improvement projects and/or worked within improvement programme teams.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and engage with a range of key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills - previous experience of presenting report findings to senior leaders
- 'A' level education or equivalent Degree level or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Structured problem-solving analysis and reporting - using Excel and Powerpoint
- Ideally has gained experience within a relevant sector