Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Bid Writer to join the Utilities business, due to growth within the team.
As Bid Writer you will be responsible for providing writing support to the Bid and Operational Teams, to produce high quality written material for bid submissions. The role requires the ability to work under pressure to deadlines. The completion of PQQ/SQ's is also a responsibility, when appropriate.
Bids can range from £500k-£100m and you will work on around 8-12 bids per year. You can work remotely, with visits to the office in Chorley at key times.
You will have an excellent knowledge of industry best practise with respect to the content required to create high quality tenders to large, sophisticated customers with multi-service requirements.
Experience from within another regulated industry would be beneficial.
- Liaise with Bid Director to ensure bid is written to highest possible standards
- Provide full-time, embedded writing support to bid team, contributing original written material as appropriate
- Creating high quality content in response to Invitations to Tender - Tailor high quality content to submit as responses to a full spectrum of Utilities tenders
- Content to be held and used for future relevant bid/PQQ responses in a central library
- Quality control of bid content - Ensure language, style and content is accurate, professional, consistent and appropriate for the specific client/sector/decision maker
- Writing / Editing - Write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from BD / Operations / Engineers / Design.
- Undertake workshop/interview sessions with stakeholders / contributors to inform content to be written
- Develop knowledge of past submissions / bid library - Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Time management / prioritisation - Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Bid Director against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Assist Bid Director/Manager in developing, managing and monitoring progress of submission against bid programme, in particular review process
- Support final bid production process
- Degree level education in a writing-based subject (Desirable)
- MS Office - Word Advanced Level and PowerPoint Advanced Level
- MS Teams and SharePoint - Advanced Level.
- Experience of the bid process.
- Ability to produce expressive, easy-to-read written material quickly.
- Experience of developing knowledge libraries and document management systems
- Must be organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Must have confidence and communication skills to be able to interact with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- At least 3 years in a Regulated Industries environment in a bid writing capacity
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.