Assistant Accountant - Sytner Group Head Office (Leicester)
The Sytner Group has an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their Head Office accounts team. A fantastic opportunity for any ambitious Accounts Assistant to progress into a challenging new role.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will support the day to day functionality of the accounts department and contribute towards preparation of the Head Office management accounts. The role will involve the following tasks and key areas of work:
- production of Divisional management accounts including monthly accounts, WOC, forecasting and budgeting
- month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- VB finance reconciliations
- sales ledger including debtor management
- cover for purchase ledger functionality
- central procurement contracts analysis and reporting
- processing of Group Recharges and Group IATs
You will also assist the Group Accountant and Management team in other ad-hoc duties where required.
The role will ideally suit an Accounts Assistant looking to setup into a more senior assistant role. You will need to demonstrate the following skills and arears of experience:
- a solid grasp of ledger based management accounting (purchase/sales ledger)
- ability to operate within the nominal ledger
- a basic understanding of accounting principals and technical accounting
- experience of the Kerridge Autoline accounting system, dealership accounting experience and an advanced knowledge of Excel are all advantageous.