Senior Quantity Surveyor
Here at Amey we have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the Transport for Greater Manchester contract, within our Transport Infrastructure Division.
Joining an existing team to deliver Multidisciplinary transport upgrades for the City of Manchester you will be administering multiple contracts under a growing framework, using NEC3 terms and conditions.
Previous NEC3 experience is essential. A background in Rail or Civils is beneficial.
The role will involve commercial support to the commercial team, client relationships, administration of subcontracts, forecasting and budgeting.
This full time, permanent role can be undertaken remotely.
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised.
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting.
- Responsible for creation of robust coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture.
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed NEC3 subcontract.
- Establish agreed benchmarks and KPIs for the Contract.
- Play a leading role in the Management Team Manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties.
- Comply with the Amey Values Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company.
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations, cash flows and forecast's.
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager.
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager.
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s).
- Identify the existence of all compensation events to the works in conjunction with other project team members
- Involvement in programme updates with the relevant Planning team to ensure compliance with the contract requirements
- A proven track record in quantity surveying with significant experience with NEC contracts.
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Team player
- Determination to develop and coach junior members of the commercial team
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Ability to work independently and within a team
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.