Senior Software Tester
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will join a team responsible for testing systems and software on the cutting edge of mobile telecommunication technologies. Our focus is the Online Charging System (OCS) and provisioning of subscribers on the Core Network. There are opportunities to be part of large programmes spread across multiple departments and teams and to manage, lead, plan and test projects.
Python has become our language of choice and along with the Robot framework we have implemented an automation framework that will be integrated into a CI/CD pipeline.
We work in a competitive and fast-paced environment, but we work together, support each other, and we win and lose as a team.
What you'll do:
- Work with experienced and talented teams of engineers in mobile networks and software engineering.
- Create and expand test harnesses written in Python and the Robot Framework
- Create, coordinate and execute test plans, both manual and automated, for new and existing services and applications
- Support the drive for continuous improvement in design, test and delivery processes including the introduction
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software testing
- Practical experience of software and system testing ideally in mobile telecommunications networks
- Python experience with experience of the Robot framework as a bonus
- Experience of using CI/CD
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and varied community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.