IT Business Partner
IT Business Partner
Permanent - Flexible working available
For more information on our transition to new ways of working, please follow the link: https://www.laingorourke.com/thinking/transitioning-to-a-new-way-of-working/
Laing O'Rourke is looking for an IT Business Partner to lead the planning and development of the IT portfolio and investment plan to support business teams and strategic business initiatives. The IT Business Partner will provide a single point of contact for IT planning and delivery into the business whilst moving IT upstream to have a full involvement in strategy development from key strategic themes to realisation planning.
- Develop and own the relationship with key business teams and represent IT on the relevant governance boards.
- Develop portfolio plans for relevant parts of the business, that describes the business strategy and priorities and how these will be enabled through IT architecture, roadmaps, services and investment plans.
- Communicate themes of IT strategy to stakeholder community and into strategic programmes.
- Ensure business cases include full IT lifetime costs which are accounted for in capital investment plans and opex budget forecasts.
- Represent IT costs and plans in business cases being presented at the various capital investment/strategic programme boards.
- Ensure technology industry and market trends are assessed for value and risk, and for their impact on the business.
- Maintain a clear awareness of the art of the possible in IT and identify and promote innovations that have a direct relevance to the programme/business.
- Create a 'blueprint' for delivery with IT Delivery - packaging up projects where appropriate.
- Support IT delivery to ensure projects are delivered in line with investment plans with change managed appropriately.
- Execute a regular end to end strategic planning process for the IT portfolio/programme.
- Reporting into the Head of IT (Europe) and building relationships with the IT leadership team, business stakeholders and external service vendors & delivery partners.
- Matrix manage IT teams consisting of architecture, business analysis & project/product delivery.
- Feedback from senior business and IT leadership team stakeholders.
- Quality review of portfolio plans for business appropriateness and practicality.
- Robustness of business cases.
The IT Business partner must:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial and customer focus.
- Results driven.
- Be highly collaborative and ability to take the lead.
- Act with integrity and authenticity.
Education & Experience:
- Educated to a degree level (MBA/Business degree preferred) or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Business Partner, setting and driving the strategic direction for IT in a similar or equivalent environment to Laing O'Rourke.
- Experience of building, maintaining and influencing relationships with a range of senior external stakeholders.
- Experience of agenda setting and presentations to senior stakeholders at CxO level.
- Experience of handling and distilling complex, diverse and conflicting high level requirements into credible cost effective strategy.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email