Cleaner - Part-time
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers and cleaners that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
To provide a cleaning service that meets our contractual commitments, to include, but not limited to, tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, the polishing of surface and mopping of areas required. In line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
HMP/YOI Swinfen Hall - Lichfield WS14 9QT
Rate of pay is £9.50 per hour
Part-time 20 hours per week
Shifts will be mornings, split over 5 days, shift times to be discussed at interview
What will this role involve?
- Work according to legislative regulations i.e ensuring the correct use of colour coded equipment
- Comply with Internal and External HSEA requirements
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our contractual requirements
- Control stock levels and order consumables to ensure service delivery through the correct channels
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- Ensure a high quality service is provided to the building users at all times ensuring customer satisfaction
- Report any concerns or issues to the supervisor immediately for action e.g. broken equipment
- Ensure that all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard
- Operate in accordance with the Soft Services Platform and Handbook
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required
- Experience using chemicals and machinery safely
- Health/Social Care qualifications (desirable)
- Professional cleaning qualification such as BICs would be advantageous
- Previous experience working on a FM contract (desirable)
- Deep clean and COSHH knowledge (desirable)
- Comfortable working in a prison environment
- A team member
- Environmental awareness
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.