Manager, Business Operations
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat Enterprise is a leading global provider of satellite-enabled managed connectivity services for land-based organisations. We are enabling the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and helping transform business outcomes across a diverse set of sectors, including agriculture, aid and NGO, media, mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, transport and utilities.
Primary role purpose:
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to the Operations Director and Finance & Operations Vice President across a variety of operational and delivery initiatives. The candidate will be accountable for creating and delivering high-quality business plans, managing workflows for mission-critical priorities, and holding staff members across the business accountable to those plans.
- The Business Unit’s annual business plan
- An effective governance process
- Operational and process excellence
- Manage Business Unit risk and Quality Management
- The Business Unit’s interface to relevant Central Functions
- Plan and deliver the Business Unit’s annual operational plan in line with strategic and operational guidance
- Deliver the effective administration and execution of the Business Unit Approvals governance process
- Deliver the Business Unit’s monthly Internal Business Review (IBR) and report
- Measure and report Business Unit operational and financial performance against defined key performance indicators
- Ensure the implementation of Inmarsat’s Value Chain processes and performance management guidelines across the Business Unit
- Deliver cross-functional projects within the business unit, including irregular or unanticipated operational tasks
- Manage Business Unit risk, implementing an appropriate risk management process
- Implement and govern Inmarsat’s Quality Management System
- Capture new or updated product and service market requirements and communicate to relevant Central Functions
- Manage the Business Unit’s interface to selected Central Functions, ensuring clear communications and priorities
- Maintain the Business Unit’s process library
- Provide the tools, methodologies and training to ensure Business Unit processes and activities are managed and run effectively
- Foster a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Strong sense of accountability and being a “team player”
- A strong, collaborative work ethic that encourages relationship-building
- A proven self-starter with the ability to take the initiative to deliver beyond expectations
- An ability to work independently or in teams of various sizes
- A proven ability to understand a desired intent, and successfully deliver the plans, processes and engagements required to achieve the goal
- An approach that is data-driven and implements evidence-based logic
- Excellent communication skills (including written)
- An ability to effectively and independently prioritise based on incomplete information
- An ability to assess and prioritise requirements in a structured way to develop effective processes
- A proven ability to manage risk
- A proven ability to develop successful working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, inside and external to the employer, and within the value chain across geographical and cultural differences
- Flexible, adaptive and a “get-it-done” mentality
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do