What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be carrying out a range of administrative tasks to support our team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
HMYOI Deerbolt - Barnard Castle DL12 9BG
What will this role involve?
- To update and maintain the HMYOI Deerbolt statutory compliance filing system so it is 100% accurate at all times.
- Undertake basic operations on the computerised planned maintenance system (CAFM), such as creating and closing work orders, tracking open work orders and producing management information reports. (training will be provided).
- To apply for gate passes for contractors and ensure they sign in and out of the visitors book each day.
- Maintain the Amey team training records and undertake administration for staff attending training courses.
- Work with the HMPPS site vetting team to aid in the onboarding of new starters.
- To hold site inductions for contractors on arrival on site.
- Order spares parts, materials and equipment as directed by the Site Manager and Engineering Team Leaders.
- Record and track spending using the location Procurement Card
- Maintain PPE stock levels for the Amey team and reorder when necessary.
- Telephone handling and acting as first point of contact for receiving general enquiries to the office.
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications.
- Experience/use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Previous experience of working in a generalist administration/business support role.
- Business Administration qualifications will be advantageous.
- Friendly and professional manner.
- Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a helpful attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Enthusiastic and able to act with initiative.
What makes this role unique?
You will maintain and update records within various management information systems. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.