Customer Service Assistant - Part Time
MyBuilder is growing and we’re looking for the very best customer service champions to join our team. We wear many hats to best serve the needs of our homeowner and trade customers, and we are looking for someone with the flexibility and skill to handle a varied caseload, supporting multiple departments across the business. We strongly believe in having a great work/life balance and that by hiring the right people, we can have a team who know our business inside and out, and can take ownership of their role and their personal development.
For the right person this is a great opportunity. This is not your run of the mill customer service job, it’s easy to say we do things differently, but we really do. If you’re interested, show us that you’re someone we can’t afford to ignore - we love a well-crafted cover letter and look forward to reading yours!
We can offer a range of part time hours in a fully flexible working environment with options to work remotely, at our lovely North East office, or a mix of both. We are particularly interested in talking to people who are able to work flexible hours which may include some evenings and/or weekends.
MyBuilder is a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group who also own companies such as Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, and HomeAdvisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of success in a service environment
- Bundles of enthusiasm and self motivation with a positive can-do approach
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks
- A passion for helping people - interacting with customers will come naturally to you, both over the phone and by email
- The ability to flourish in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- An understanding of the high level of productivity required to succeed in a role like this
- The ability to hit the ground running, quickly grasping the necessary product knowledge
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
What you’ll be doing:
With our training and support you’ll become an expert in everything MyBuilder has to offer. Your role will include:
- Understanding the needs of our customers and playing a key role in enhancing their experience
- Using your positive attitude and superb communication skills to successfully deal with challenging interactions
- Picking up the phone and having honest and engaging conversations with our users
- Responding to emails and support requests from homeowners and tradespeople about our service
- Prioritising your workload and working effectively as part of a team
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder:
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, at our office in the North East, or a hybrid option, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year (pro rata)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
We’re keen to meet people from all backgrounds, so don’t worry if your experience doesn’t exactly match what we’re looking for. If you think you have what it takes to excel in this role, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.