Content Protection Analyst
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"To help deal with the challenges Sky faces in protecting its IP and brand, we now have an opportunity for a Content Protection Analyst to join Sky to identify and investigate matters involving IP Infringement including trade mark infringement, copyright infringement and passing off and other piracy related matters." - Head of Anti-Piracy Operations
What you'll do:
* Proactive online investigation in relation to infringement of Sky's IP Rights and the use of platform tools to identify infringements and removal (YouTube CMS & Facebook Creator)
* Working with external companies including Payment Providers, Hosting Infrastructure, Market Places, and Social Media platforms on compliance of Sky's rights
* Collating evidence of infringement in reports, preparing Cease and Desist Notices
* Monitoring, recording and reporting infringers for non-compliance with terms of Cease & Desist Notices and undertakings
* Coordinating with colleagues in Group Anti-Piracy teams and Sky's Legal teams on the pursuance of appropriate cases through the civil courts, law enforcement, government authorities including Trading Standards
* Proactive research and reactive investigations in response to intelligence received
* Reporting to and advising management on current investigations and actions, including KPI's
* Work occasional weekends to monitor , record and report infringements during Pay Per View events
What you'll bring:
* Good knowledge of Content Protection tools such as FB Creator & Youtube CMS
* Excellent IT Skills, Databases, Excel, Web Tools.
* Excellent communication, analytical, and organisational skills and an ability to influence others.
* Content protection experience, online or otherwise - ideally in an Anti-Piracy role
* An enquiring mind with a drive to recognise and recommend improvements
* Knowledge of piracy issues
We help combat piracy and theft of Sky content - making it as hard as possible for pirates to steal our content, operate their networks, and provide their services. We also have a team of investigators to explore a wide range of criminal threats against Sky, its people and assets. This can range from data loss, to piracy, to financial crime, helping make everyone and everything #SafeAtSky.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.