Here at Amey we have a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our Highways team.
You will be a member of our growing Transport Infrastructure Work Winning team, managing a variety of bids, but with a core focus on the Highways and Streetlighting sectors. Bids will vary in value from £5m to £100m and your experience in highways will be invaluable to your success in the role.
Ideally you will have at least 3-5 years' experience of bidding in a highways or streetlighting environment and in return we offer a competitive package with opportunities for career progression.
We offer a modern approach to work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements to suit you and opportunities to work both remotely and in an office environment as appropriate throughout the bid lifecycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- Lead the bid process for individual bids.
- Develop the bid strategy with individual Business or Account Directors.
- Monitor completion of Pursuit Data by the business/Business Development and ensure that Win Plans are in place for each major, medium and strategic bid.
- Manage the bid programme ensuring that all activities are progressed on time to meet the submission date.
- Lead and manage the development of high quality written and costed bid deliverables in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Facilitate the development of the operational solution together with the commercial and pricing strategy to ensure and maintain continual improvement and competitive advantage.
- Set up and manage communication and document protocols for each bid.
- Maintain client liaison ensuring effective dialogue and prompt response to clarifications.
- Prepare papers for internal approval in line with Amey governance.
- Prepare and manage the bid budget.
- Drive the risk and opportunities process.
- Keep bidding tools such as the pipeline database up-to-date and contribute to bid reports as required.
- Contribute to development of bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Business Leads who are managing business-led bids.
- Participate in document reviews and assist in the consolidation of feedback.
- Provide cover for other Bid Managers.
- Provide input and facilitation support for bid workshops
- Experience of the bid process in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Highways or Streetlighting markets
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, complex, time-phased activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Association of Proposals Management Professionals (APMP) Foundation level, ideally working towards Practitioner level.
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and balancing risk with reward.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Desire to see job through from start to finish.
- Able to leverage business unit strengths through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.