Become a Support Worker with an established Care and Support provider in Northampton, and start making a real difference to people’s lives.
Salary: £17,495 - £19,568 per annum (£9.07- £10.14 per hour) plus enhancements for night working
Hours: 37 per week, full time and part time available
Closing Date: Sunday 31 October 2021
Interviews are being arranged on an ongoing basis
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
There are two services in Northampton – Saxon Court and Lyttleton Road. They both provide support for adults with a wide range of support needs including autism, learning disabilities, mental health issues, acquired brain injuries and behaviours of concern. As Support Worker you will support individuals with activities of daily living, including maintaining their accommodation, prompting/supporting with personal care, food shopping and preparation and accessing the local community.
You will work as part of a team to deliver support to people in their own home including support with personal care. You will offer support in a person-centred, holistic way, ensuring peoples safety and dignity is protected. You’ll be a key worker for named individuals, ensuring that risk assessments and support plans accurately reflect the individual’s needs and wishes.
You don’t necessarily need to have experience in care as all the training required to help you fully meet the needs of the residents will be provided. Although experience is recognised and rewarded – if you have more than two years’ relevant experience, you will be paid the top of the salary scale £19,568 straight away.
All you need is common sense, a ‘can do’ attitude, be willing to learn and share the values of the organisation.
You don’t need to be a car driver as both projects are based in or around the town centre
All shifts will be on rota basis and will be spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. This includes nights; a generous bonus is paid for waking nights at 15%, which could add a significant amount to your monthly take home salary and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role.
Benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- Generous annual leave - c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Free massages - Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians plus you can claim for massages, teeth whitening and more!
- Plan for your future - Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the organisation and includes life assurance cover
- Family Friendly - Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Focus on your development - Great learning & development and qualification opportunities, get paid to earn a qualification!
- Online shopping discounts – Employee benefits scheme where you can get discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Support through those difficult times - Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Recruit your mates -We’ll pay you £250 for successfully referring a friend/family member to work at the organisation
- Competitive salary - Automatic pay increments following successful completion of probationary period
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.