Mechanical Engineer - Gloucestershire
About the opportunity
As a Multi-skills Mechanical and Electrical Engineer working as part of our USVF contract, your role will be to oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
This is a full-time, permanent position based at RAF Fairford (GL7 4DL) and RAF Welford (RG20 7EX)
Experienced and HVAC is essential.
Working pattern includes 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday with an on-call rota requirement.
We are offering a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits package for this role.
Security Clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
Full UK driving license is essential and HVAC preferred.
What will this role involve?
- To carry out response and planned maintenance to agreed standards and timescales
- Maintenance and remedial work on oil fired boiler plant up to 850 Kw, pressurisation units, pumps, motorised valves and Calorifiers.
- Chemical dosing of the heating and chiller systems.
- OFTEC domestic & commercial Pressure Jet burners.
- Boiler control systems & operation of BMS systems.
- Unvented & Vented hot water storage systems.
- Pressurisation units, Expansion vessels & Dosing systems.
- Boiler plant and Calorifier strip down and cleaning in preparation for CP Inspections and rebuild.
- Preparing and rebuilding Compressed Air Systems for CP Inspections up to 20 bar Gauge
- To comply with all Health and Safety and Sustainability Policies and Procedures pertaining to your job role. These are found on the Amey Intranet within document SP003 Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities and Authorities
What are we looking for?
- Qualified in a mechanical discipline with sufficient City & Guilds qualifications for trade.
- Boas BG02 Qualified or Equivalent.
- Water Supply ( Water fitting) Regulations 1999.
- A good understanding of mechanical requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
- Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan and monitor works
- Ensure that KPI's are achieved in line with contract
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
- Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business
- HVAC systems would be advantageous.
- Compressed Air systems would be advantageous.