Part Time Finance Manager
REED Finance are exclusively supporting a successful UK subsidiary of an international business to recruit a part time Finance Manager based near Theale
This business has a multibillion ??? turnover and operate in the manufacturing centre. This UK entity has a turnover around GBP1.5-2m, and this role will have one person reporting in.
This role has full responsibility for the entities accounting, reporting as well as insurance, pension, and facilities. Ideally, we are seeking someone who can work around 21 hours per week and there is complete flexibility on how these hours can be worked
The position reports directly to the UK Managing Director and is responsible for -
The main purpose of the role is to maximise profitability for the entity and for the Group as a whole.
- Managing and operating the day-to-day Finance function using Sage Line 50. To provide Management information and effective controls to meet changing requirements
- Produce Monthly Accounts, maintaining all accounting ledgers, invoices, calculation of accruals and prepayments, reconciliation of bank and control accounts
- To calculate monthly P&L Account and Balance Sheet comment on any variances to budget
- Budgeting - to calculate budgeted costs by expense line, provide budgeted profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and calculate depreciation
- Monthly reporting to overseas head office, reconcile Intercompany balances
- Quarterly IFRS & Year End Accounts - to complete quarterly Head Office Reports
- Complete UK statutory Financial Statements and ensure they are filed at Companies House.
- Corporation Tax - calculate quarterly payment of corporation tax. Liaise with tax advisers, check year-end tax computation and sign CT600.
- Monthly Payroll - to calculate and process the monthly payroll on Sage Payroll. Ensure payment of pension, income tax and national insurance. Complete year end statutory payroll returns.
- Maintain vat on the Sage Line 50 software and complete the quarterly vat return for HMRC.
To be consider for this role you will ideally be a qualified accountant although QBE candidates will be considered.
This role will suit someone who has breadth of experience in finance, enjoys working in a hands-on SME role and is looking to work at least 21 hours per week.
This role would be mainly office based although some flexibility may be possible.
Salary FTE in the range GBP55-65k plus good benefits and an annual bonus opportunity.