Part-Time - Senior Accountant - Real Estate
Part-time Senior Qualified Accountant - Real Estate. OUR CLIENT is a niche, established property developer and investor with significant expertise across all major UK property sectors. They have solely instructed us to seek a Senior Qualified Accountant to join their business on a sole charge and part-time basis (3 days a week with at least 1 day in the office) to be responsible for maintaining financial information required to ensure successful management of all companies and LLPs within business.
THE ROLE : will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Undertaking all Sage bookkeeping and controls, including bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring all sales invoices are raised and monies collected.
- Ensuring all suppliers are paid under agreed terms.
- Providing assistance with the maintenance of short-term cashflows for the companies and LLPs.
- Processing statements from property managing agents, agreeing all balances and carrying out reasonableness tests on rental income and service charge costs.
- Undertaking rent and service charge collection.
- Producing management accounts for certain Group companies/LLPs, including liaising with the company's Auditors and preparing Accounts and working paper files for audit.
- Providing assistance with the budgeting process and variance reporting.
- Making recommendations on cost control.
- Running monthly payroll and all associated returns for HMRC.
- Completing all VAT workings and filing of VAT Returns, under MTD where appropriate.
- Assisting with financial models for potential new propositions.
- Assisting with updating project cashflows used for investor Board meetings.
- Producing other financial information required by the business.
THE PERSON: The role will suit a Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent) preferably with good practical and relevant accounts experience gained in the property sector. The incumbent should be confident using Sage Accounting software as well as possess practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel. To apply, you should be a good communicator with a positive, flexible 'can do' attitude, essential in a small team. You are expected to be professional, knowledgeable and supportive while communicating with company auditors and tax advisers. Understanding the need for confidentiality and discretion is also required. If you believe you have all above and feel comfortable in a commercial 'hands-on' role then this is a strong opportunity to join a well-established and stable business based in Central London to work part time on a hybrid model.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.